Disability according to the Hungarian Higher Education Act (2011):
- visual impairment (blindness, low vision, partial sight)
- hearing impairment (deafness, hard of hearing, cochlea implant)
- physical disability
- specific learning difficulties and neurodevelopmental disorders (dyslexia, dysgraphia, dyscalculia, ADHD)
- speech impairment or language disorders
- Autism-spectrum disorder
Any special needs have to be certified with an official document translated into English (87/2015. (IV.9.) Korm. rendelet 63.§1).
Any international students with a disability should contact the leader of the Equal Opportunities Commission or the equal opportunities coordinator.
Mrs. Noel Gáborné equal opportunities coordinator
The university follows the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disability, and is committed to supporting students with disabilities.
- Libraries and their toilets are accessible with extra parking lot. A sign language interpreter supports students with hearing impairment.
- Oral exam can be changed to written one and visa versa.
- Extra time granted during the exams (30% more), and the use of calculator, laptop can be permitted.
- Record of lectures can be permitted.
- Some buildings of the GAMF Faculty of Engineering and Computer Science are accessible or semi-accessible.
- The buildings of Faculty of Horticulture and Rural Development are semi-accessible.
- The building of the Faculty of Economics and Business is accessible.