Study in Budapest (Hungary, Europe) with the Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship - Doctoral Programmes
John von Neumann University (JvNU), Doctoral School of Management and Business Administration
JvNU’s Doctoral School of Management and Business Administration in Budapest offers foreign students the opportunity to obtain an academic degree and professional career. At the same time, the practice-oriented training also serves professionals in the business sphere in addition to students interested in research and professional careers. Doctoral degree graduates should have the ability to identify research trends and opportunities, venture into new research areas when appropriate, define long-term research objectives, formulate original research problems, and originate and develop solution methodologies. They should be capable of producing research output at a level that can either lead to publications in high-ranking scholastic venues, or to novel applications in relevant industrial, commercial, or other public sectors, or to other forms of useful knowledge transfer to society.
The PhD Program prepares students for research and teaching careers at leading universities by developing the necessary skills for the design and execution of original, innovative research, and for the dissemination of knowledge through teaching and writing. Throughout the program, PhD students attain a deep understanding of the most influential research in the main academic business disciplines, as well as the tools needed to contribute state-of-the-art research to advance specific business disciplines in the areas that include circular economy, sustainable development, digitalization, supply chain management, accounting, finance, organizational behaviour, enterprise development, and monetary policy.
John von Neumann University offers a dynamic professional atmosphere comprised of diverse faculty and doctoral students, all framed by a thriving business community and a beautiful environment.
Address: 1117 Budapest, Infopark sétány 1. V. emelet (floor), Hungary
English webpage: https://nje.hu/en/education/the-doctoral-school
Head of John von Neumann University Doctoral School of Management and Business Administration:
Prof. Dr. Judit Oláh
university professor, Doctor of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences
Administration coordinator of John von Neumann University Doctoral School of Management and Business Administration:
Vajna Istvánné Dr. habil. Anita Tangl
Hungarian Doctoral Council: https://doktori.hu/index.php?menuid=191&di_ID=237&lang=EN
Academic staff of John von Neumann University Doctoral School of Management and Business Administration:
Announcers of doctoral thesis topics in John von Neumann University Doctoral School of Management and Business Administration:
Vajna Istvánné Dr. habil. Anita Tangl
International Office, John von Neumann University
When and how to Apply for the Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship Programme?
When: Application starts in November 2023.
Stipendium Hungaricum Programme:
You can find here the Call for Applications for doctoral programmes:
Documents for doctoral applicants:
Stipendium Hungaricum Programme Operational Regulations:
- In case you are interested, contact the sending partner in your country.
- With the help of the application guide, submit all the necessary application documents to the online application system of Tempus Public Foundation (TPF). The application platform will be open from November 2023.
- Select John von Neumann University.
The Hungarian government provides the Stipendium Hungaricum academic scholarship for international students.
The Stipendium Hungaricum full scholarship includes:
- Free tuition for the entire duration of studies.
- Monthly grant for students of PhD program.
- Contribution to accommodation.
- Free medical insurance for the entire duration of a PhD program.
With the Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship, you can study at John von Neumann University.
First step: nomination of Sending Partner:
- The Sending Partner pre-selects the submitted applications and sends a nomination and a reserve list to Tempus Public Foundation (TPF).
Second step: the institutional evaluation:
- Tempus forwards the nominated applications to the John von Neumann University.
- John von Neumann University conducts the formal check of application documents and informs students with a formally correct application about the details (date and method) of the entrance exam/interview.
- The university forwards the final result of the entrance procedure to TPF.
Third step: decision about the scholarship:
- The Board of Trustees of TPF awards the scholarship and informs the applicants about the result.